The latest update of the schoolyear is here! = v=
This one has a lot of goodies ❤
I think I finally broke out of my “artblock” stage.
Let’s see, where did I leave you guys..
Aha! So the Bloom project got finished! 😀 you can download the latest version on
So happy with the final result. There’s even a multiplayer<3
And a final presentation:
So proud of our team. Don’t you think they did great? 😀
As for the exams:
First up is the Rigging exam:
I kind of forgot to mention 😦 but the original concept was done by James McDonald: http://nerd-scribbles.deviantart.com/art/RobotQuest-Girl-Red-394408313
Game Graphics exam:
This is the reference I used for the scene:
3ds max blockout wireframe
3ds max blockout
Blockout in UDK
Adding leaf particles
Adding a ridiculous amount of grass
A few props and their references
Redone the roof mesh
Decalls reused on trees
The texture buildup was pretty basic. Here you can find a quick gif:
Texture breakdown can be found on my Polycount sketchbook
The final image made it onto the Wall of Fame on DrawCrowd, which was a huge surprise since I personally believe many other artists on there are so much better then me.
And of course another video!
After that I also got my Level Scripting exam done.
This time it was UDK like I last told you 😉
Here are some screenshots:
A breakdown can be found on my polycount sketchbook
Most of the assets in this demo were made by a friend of mine (Tom Ivens)
Only a few are actually from the UDK standard package.
The particles, level design, scripting and decorating were done by me.
You can download the small demo…
I got pretty good grades for these last few exams as well. Really happy on how my Level Scripting turned out.
Decorating levels is really so much fun ❤
So summer has started for me. Time for some relaxation and free work.
First thing I did was getting used to Zbrush again. It has been a while since I’ve done highpoly and normal maps, so this was a great exercise:
Low poly bake
And a quick 360 video with some standard Quixel stone material.
It was a good opportunity to test out Physically Based Rendering since I had never tried it before.
In total I used these programs:
As for future plans.. I was thinking of maybe tackling this concept in 3D:
made by 許安藤 deviantart post can be found here
I saw this concept a while ago in one of the monthly n00b challenges on Polycount.
It really made me want to do some freework but at the time I was overloaded with other stuff that needed finishing ^^;
Well, that pretty much sums up my June ^^